lil-bee: the glamorizer


Status Updates ..
Sunday, April 7, 2013 | 9:09 AM | Comment ⇢
.. for my Chemical Burn:
[I'll keep updating this post throughout my healing period]
__________________________________________________


8 - 9 Hours After Peel

It was time for bed so I finally decided to rub in the thick layers of Cicaplast Baume I had kept slathering over my face since the peel. My red patches have turned into brown scabby patches. Very noticeable. I mean I knew this would likely happen, though I guess part of me was still in denial and thought it wouldn't happen to me. Hope it doesn't get worse tomorrow. Mum is gonna KILL me if she finds out.

__________________________________________________


The Next Day ~ 20 Hours After Peel

I was so scared that mum would see my face that I couldn't really sleep all night lol. Was drifting in and out and having some weird funky dreams (as I always do) and finally drifted properly out at 8:45 ish. Mum was still asleep, snoring loudly. I looked at myself on my phone camera and freaked out - things looked BAD. Tried to lie still and hide my face. Was playing dead like this till sometime around 11 or 12 and then fell asleep.

__________________________________________________


Afternoon ~ 24 Hours After Peel

I woke up again around 2 pm (I know //). The brown patches had gotten darker overnight and I had more patches visible today in the sunlight then last night, especially since the rest of my face is back to being its normal pale colour. Heard mum coming up to call me for lunch so I quickly ran to the bathroom with all my ointments and what not. Washed face (was tempted to use my Elemis Tri-Enzyme cleanser to get rid of the brown patches but resisted), sprayed Avene Thermal Water, put on Hyaluronic Acid (Hada Labo's Moisture Essence EX), emu oil & Cicaplast Baume. Skin was tight and slightly burny. Mum was getting suspicious so I finally rubbed some BB cream (Missha Perfect Cover in 27), put on a scarf and went downstairs feeling scared. She looked at my face a bit funny and asked me what I put in it as it was looking a bit off so I told her to stop being silly and that it was just an ointment. Quickly went upstairs to save myself from her suspicions.

__________________________________________________


Late Afternoon

Face was feeling itchy and dry so I knew I had to take everything off and put on a thicker moisturiser. Found out that mum some club event to go to so was thinking of hiding out till she left. She started getting suspicious and annoyed (I'm supposed to be doing my essay and I work at the dining table) and I was getting panicky about how to hide my face from her. I read that you can apply a thick layer of Vaseline petroleum jelly and that sounded really soothing to my dry skin right now (I could use my normal creams - La Roche-Posay's Lipikar Baume and Avene's Cold Cream but decided against it as Lipikar kind of stings [due to nicotinamide] and Avene needs to be rubbed in and I didn't wanna put myself through that) and I decided to go find some after washing my face with cold water and my cleansing oil. At some point mum came back up so I had to hide my face and run to my room without her seeing or getting suspicious. I was SO scared. Thankfully I made my escape downstairs after putting on all the different creams & oils while she was busy praying. I then put a thick layer of Vaseline on my face and hid my face by putting on an old sheet mask from Thailand that I had kept refrigerated. My skin feels nice and cool without the earlier tightness and hopefully it will heal up nicely. Still need to buy some Biafine just in case this happens again (hopefully not) and to speed up the process. Hopefully mum won't get suspicious if I wear the mask all day, including to bed. Just need to get through tomorrow morning and then I'll be safe while she's at work!

__________________________________________________


Night

Kept my face under layer of Vaseline for the most part, keeping it covered with the sheet mask when people came near me. I like the mask, it keeps the Vaseline in place while protects fly-away hairs and other things from getting into contact & it keeps my face nice and cool. After Asr / Magrib (evening prayers around 7:45 pm), I washed my face with cold water (didn't get rid of the Vaseline) and after my emu/HA (hyaluronic acid) combination, put on a thick layer of Cicaplast and stayed mask free for a while. Parents came back around 10 pm so thats when the mask went back on, after a thin-ish layer of Vaseline. When it was time for bed, I finally rubbed in all the potions and lotions and felt like skin was doing a bit better. Initially washed with my mild Purity (from Philosophy) cleanser and saw some patchy bits coming off (TMI, sorry) so got over-excited and used my Elemis enzyme cleanser and rubbed around the brown patches till they came off. While some of them are smooth / flat (but still red), one particular under-scab(/brown patch) reveal left me with a raised sort of patch of red. I really should have waited till tomorrow morning, or even the day after, to do the cleanse and now I'm worried it will form a scar / thicker scab. Hope my Biafine arrives fast! After cleansing, put on everything + thick layer of Vaseline + sheet mask and am planning on sleeping with it on. Will wake up at dawn for praying and hopefully when I lift the sheet, I won't be greeted by angry brown patchlings. I swear I'm too impatient. Also, more concerned about mum finding out then potential scars. Idiotidiotidiot.

__________________________________________________


The Next Morning

Woke up dreading the mirror when I took my mask off, which stayed pretty put all night. Looked in the mirror ... its not scabbed! Thank God for that ... though I'm going to be wary and not get all excited because the day is young and anything can happen. I wanna let me skin breathe a bit so I'll probably hold off the Vaseline till night and just keep applying Cicaplast and some HA throughout the day, especially since I don't have to hide from mum. Patches, while not scabby or brown, as still pink & one of them is still a bit raised, so scarring is possible still .. we'll see :/ patiently waiting it out this week (and hoping my Biafine arrives soon) while trying to rush do all these essays :O

__________________________________________________


Late Afternoon ~ 48 Hours After Peel

I had a chance to examine the patches closely and oye .. it looks real bad. The patches are all red and leathery and I'm SO scared that they will develop into scars / thick scabs that will take me forever to get rid of :( I'm such an impatient buffoon. I really should have waited till today morning, or heck a few days from now, before deciding to forcefully peel  off the brown skin before the skin underneath had a chance to heal. I'm hoping these fat layers of Cicaplast and Vaseline will protect it enough and I'm religiously staying away from the sun (like I do anyway) so hopefully hyperpigmentation will be minimal (none?). I'll need to use some of my Vit C as soon as I can, but till then I've been loading up on Vitamin C supplements with MSM every morning. Man, I don't even wanna think about the acne I could break out with due to all these comedogenic layers I'm slathering myself in ://

__________________________________________________


Night

I've had a layer of Cicaplast on my face the whole day (no mask though) and having a fat layer without rubbing it in really helps keep your skin hydrated and moisturised. I think this is key in healing facial wounds of this type as dryness can lead to the formation of marks. I'm hoping this minimises my chances of getting scars and lets the skin heal relatively quickly (when I looked at the mirror the few times I rubbed my cream in, the marks looked less red, but who knows, maybe I'm hallucinating what I want to see). Few hours before bedtime, I put a thick masque like layer of Cicaplast on my face though and put the sheet mask on 3 hours later to help my skin soak in the Baume. I plan on sleeping with it on, but since Cicaplast is thinner (and therefore more slippery) than Vaseline, I don't know how this will work out. I'll let you know tomorrow.

__________________________________________________


Late Afternoon ~ 72 Hours After Peel

So as I suspected, the mask was too slippery and I had a lot of trouble manoeuvring around when I went to sleep (I do that a lot. I can also only sleep on my side / stomach so yeah .. MESSY) and the moisture leaked out onto my arms. When I woke up, the mask had someone come off my face when I was moving around in deep sleep and ended up under my pillow?! So anyhow, when I woke up my face was dry since it didn't have the Vaseline cover like before. When I went to wash my face, more of the skin was peeling off so I thought it was time to do my enzyme wash again and all the skin came off relatively fast, revealing nice, new HEALED skin underneath. As for the raw red patches, they are still red .. though slightly less so but they do look like the weird tightness you get on healing skin. This tightness usually develops into hard brown skin so yeah ... I most probably will end up with marks. Hopefully not bad ones, but you know. I just wish I had waited even one day, heck, even 8 hours of sleep would have made a huge difference. I guess I was really lucky that it wasn't half as bad as it could have (should have) been and that it healed fast (because it wasn't that damaged to begin with) with my slathering layers. Thankfully I didn't have school so I could do this lol. I guess I'll update if I notice any changes to the patches (one of the red ones look a bit brown today, but as not dark / scabby), if not, it will be a new Heal Post. My Biafine also hasn't arrived yet .. bit late, but its good to have it on hand just in case this happens again (touchwood inshAllah not). Ciao for now x

__________________________________________________


A Week Later ~ Final Update

Okay so late update on my skin people. The patches have turned brown though thankfully there were no raised scar tissues so thats one good thing I suppose. I looked at my starting pictures taken a few hours after the peel and damn ... I really did get off quite easy. Its frustrating that I could have healed with no hyperpigmentation if I hadn't touched my skin so aggressively but what is done is done I suppose. The Biafine also finally arrived, only 5 days too late so I don't really know how effective it would be in the healing process. It is a drier formula, like some eczema creams I've tried (diprobase) and unlike Cicaplast or Vaseline, it dried fairly quickly when I put some on my face as a thick layer. I would definitely use an oilier base, like HA & emu oil before trying to use Biafine as its kind of hard to rub around and might be painful when I've got fresh burns. I guess I have to wait and see how it performs if I get burned again which hopefully won't happen! Guess thats it for now. 




Post a Comment


old | new